For more than 50 years, our client has been helping general contractors and owners perform commercial construction and renovation projects by designing and installing mechanical and plumbing systems that bring their buildings to life. They offer superior design-build experience with innovative solutions during every phase of a project to help customers mitigate risk and achieve consistently high quality while staying within budget.
Currently we seek a Field Services Manager to ensure that the MEP services provided by the Field Services Department meets the highest professional standards and provides a superior customer experience. The Field Services Manager is further responsible for the time sensitive implementation of business plans and strategies developed in cooperation with the Divisional General Manager.
- Promote safe work practices; Ensure direct reports have all required safety training and personal protective equipment to complete assigned tasks safely; Conduct regular safety talks, jobsite safety inspections and toolbox training.
- Manage and supervise day-to-day operations for the assigned territory.
- Ensure that the Field Services Department has the technical ability to support all sales efforts, take corrective action for any deficiencies.
- Collaborate and provide technical assistance to sales resources assigned to the territory. In concert with the Divisional General Manager, review sales reports, pipeline and opportunities with sales resources monthly.
- With each direct report, outline an individual, specific, growth and training plan tailored for that employees’ desire for advancement. Review progress semi-annually.
- Conduct semi-annual performance reviews with each direct report.
- Develop and manage the annual budget for the assigned territory while assisting with strategic planning, vision, an business planning of the company.
- Work with the Accounting Manager on collections and negotiate credit when necessary to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Resolve customer issues in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner, projecting a professional and customer-friendly attitude.
- Each week the manager will approve time for direct reports, finalize any open AWA’s, review tech notes and NTR’s from previous week.
- Review estimates for final pricing and approve by signature or e-mail.
- Bachelors preferred with 10 years of experience in technical roles and fiscal responsibilities.
- 5 years of management experience is a plus.
- High impact decision making.
- Responsible for a single department or functional area either as a manager or functional expert.
- Initiates and maintains relationships with key staff and other departments.
- Makes authoritative decisions and recommendations having important impact on activities of the company.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented complexities.
- Determines program objectives and requirements, organizing programs and projects and developing standards and guidelines for diverse activities.
They offer a highly competitive base salary plus bonus and a very attractive benefits plan, including Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Life Insurance, ADD and other insurance programs available plus
401k with company match up to 5%