Our client manufactures and distributes efficiency leading VRF products HVAC/R wholesale distributors, manufacturer representatives and plan and specification representatives throughout Canada and the USA. They provide distributors and representatives a wide range of related products from a single source, becoming a value-added supplier to over thirteen hundred distributor locations across North America. They lead the way in product availability, hands-on technical training and competitive sales programs.
Currently, we seek a well-qualified Distributor Account Sales Manager to cover the state of Florida. The right candidate will be well-qualified to sell and promote products and services requiring technical knowledge of HVAC systems. In this position you will educate distributors, contractors and owners (occasionally) with regard to the benefits of the firm’s product line; manage your assigned territory and accounts to maximize long-range account penetration and growth plans; support both residential and light commercial business that specifically deals with ductless and ducted (mini) split systems and multi-split systems, VRF systems in single and three phase models for design build sales.
Goals and Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed the budget for sales as defined by regional distribution director within a predefined geographic territory with pre-assigned customer partners.
- Responsible for all metrics associated with Distributor partner including sales targets, dealer program growth, dealer sign-ups, marketing program deliverables, execution and follow up.
- Conduct, coordinate and register Dealer Days in concert with local distributor.
- Develops, tracks and maintains non-direct local relationship with Distributors, key accounts (Builders, Mixed Use Developers) dealers, trade bodies, local authorities, utilities and government organizations to build long term sales opportunities.
- Facilitates on-boarding process for new Distributor partners and with new dealers.
- Monitor dealer and customer development targets on a monthly basis and communicate weekly results to the regional distribution director leadership. Be the channel expert on the features, benefits, product performance, and design guidelines for products sold in the United States.
- And much more!
- A college degree in mechanical engineering or engineering technology is preferred
- 7 plus years of sales experience analyzing and solving customer problems required
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of HVAC Industry and Knowledge of wholesale distribution business channel
- Ability to work with sales, technical, contractors and overall decision makers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced changing environment
- Proven ability to work independently as well as a productive member of a team
They offer a highly competitive compensation plan along with a very attractive benefits package that is 100% company paid which includes health coverage for the family, dental, vision, 401k with 5% match, PTO and life insurance, LTD and other optional benefits.