Our client is a consulting engineering firm providing single-source MEPR (mechanical, electrical, plumbing and refrigeration) engineering analysis and design for both new construction and existing building remodels. They also offer building performance modeling and energy simulations as well as feasibility studies for sustainable and energy-efficient facility energy systems.
Currently we seek design engineers to join the team in Phoenix AZ specializing in the following areas – HVAC | Electrical | Plumbing to create and develop refrigeration and heating systems. The right candidates will be well-qualified to perform various job duties based on the size of the heating and cooling projects they work on, the type of property where systems are needed, and the heating and cooling needs of customers.
In this role, the Mechanical Engineer/Designer will:
- Preparation and creation of detailed Mechanical designs.
- Provide leadership and management to a group of design engineers in performing HVAC system design and document production of small and large projects.
- Participate in conceptual design for specific projects.
- Performs deliverables and products such as calculations, drawings, and specifications related to heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems.
- Performs calculations for a project, such as heating/cooling loads, equipment selection, and sizing, pipe and duct sizing, friction loss calculations, etc.
- Performs site inspections to determine compliance with construction documents and resolves design issues during the construction phase.
- Be responsible for Code Compliance.
- Maintain responsible control over all design activities pertaining to the project, including engineering, quality control, and code compliance.
- Comply with project schedules, regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Assess and anticipate deliverables, prepares budget and schedule, and communicates resource requirements to senior management.
- Excellent working knowledge of HVAC design to include types of equipment utilized in the industry as well as general understanding of system operations (i.e. variable air, constant volume, refrigeration cycle.)
- Ability to read mechanical and/or plumbing drawings well. Generate and review engineering deliverables in a timely manner.
- Strong fundamental skills in Mechanical design.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Mechanical Engineering. Other engineering disciplines are considered based on experience and skill-set.
- AutoCAD/design experience. Revit Knowledge a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities, as well as demonstrated high quality technical writing skills and proficiency in English.
- Team player with sound business ethics and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to achieve project goals and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors, in order to develop a full understanding of building energy systems and their operation.
The company offers a very competitive base and bonus compensation package as well as an excellent benefits package including 401k with an attractive match offer.