TOP NOTCH HVAC EQUIPMENT SALES ENGINEER
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Design and Computation Tools: Major HVAC OEM Building Automation System Analyzer (6 yrs)
- GLHEPRO/Ground Loop Design Premier (4 yrs), AutoCAD LT (11 yrs),
- Microsoft Office Suite (16 yrs)
- HOBOware Boxcar/Pro (5 yrs)
- Field tools: Power analyzer, Controlotron flow meter, HOBO data loggers, Fluke sensors/thermal imaging equipment
Dec. 2004 – Current – MAJOR HVAC Equipment Distributor – Louisville KY – Energy Engineer
- Led the utility analysis, surveying, scope development, budgeting, in-depth IPMVP energy modeling, mechanical design, technical customer communications, commissioning, and measurement & verification of numerous performance contracting, demand-side management, and turn-key projects.
- Successfully led $5M County Schools performance contract from initial energy modeling to final M&V stages and built a solid, and extremely close and personal relationship with the superintendent, director of facilities, and CFO.
- Enthusiastically presented to the school board and public multiple times throughout the project.
- Heavily involved in many other PC projects to-date.
May 2004 – Dec. 2004 ▪ MAJOR HVAC Equipment Distributor ▪ Louisville KY ▪ Controls Engineer.
- Designed DDC system electrical wiring layouts. Completed detailed sequences of operations for HVAC controls systems. Implemented designs in the field while working closely with Project Managers.
May 2003 – Aug. 2003 ▪ MAJOR CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY MANUFACTURER ▪ Peoria IL – Graduate Level “Corporate Summer Intern” – Engine Structures, Dynamics, and Noise R&D.
- Employed methods of extracting modal parameters (i.e. natural frequencies, damping ratios, and properly scaled mode shapes) solely from operational engine response data.
- Experimented with physical strain, noise distribution, and sound intensity testing.
- Full-time position was offered.
Nov. 1999 – May 2003 ▪ MAJOR HVAC Equipment Distributor ▪ Louisville KY
Intern – Controls Engineering (Three semesters full-time, eight semesters part-time)
- Specialized in AutoCAD LT 2000 and Major OEM BAS system.
- Increased the efficiency of the Project Managers’ use of AutoCAD in HVAC controls design process by implementing AutoCAD’s Diesel programming language.
- Designed a more customer-friendly user interface in proprietary BAS control system.
- Customized the Summit interface to create unique front-ends that would satisfy individual customer needs.
- Gained considerable knowledge of DDC systems.
- Well-regarded major university
- Mech. Engr. major, M.Eng. w/ honors attained May 2008, 3.7/4.0 GPA
- Mech. Engr. major, B.S. w/ honors attained December 2002, 3.4/4.0 GPA
- Fall 2003 – Current – Member, ASHRAE
2005 – Current – Member, AEE (Association of Energy Engineers)
AWARDS, ACTIVITIES, AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2012 PE License
- 2010 Dale Carnegie Breakthrough Award
- Dale Carnegie Course Completion (public-speaking)
- 2006 LEED Accredited Professional
- 2006 CEM (Certified Energy Manager) certification
- Summer ’02 – Spring ’03: Vice-President of University of Louisville student chapter of A.S.M.E.
- Fall – Spring ‘02 Full-Ride Engineering Scholarship
- Selected member, Pi Tau Sigma national mechanical engineering honor society
- Fall ‘98 – Spring ‘01 Assisted in the development of the Major University’s Formula SAE car
- 1998 Major University Alumni Scholarship recipient