Seeking a challenging Energy Engineer/Manager position requiring strong technical abilities in dealing with Lighting, HVAC, Refrigeration, Energy Conservation and Management.
- Good knowledge of building energy simulation software including MarketManager, TRACE 600, and DOE2.
- Good Knowledge of Energy Accounting Software, METRIX.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 2000, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point.
- Familiar with BASIC and FORTRAN languages.
- Familiar with Relational Database Management Systems and Graphical User Interface (GUI) design language.
CONFIDENTIAL EMPLOYER – Feb. 2005 to Present
Sr. Project Development Engineer – Performance Contracting Group – July 1997 to June 2000
Responsibilities included investigating, analyzing, and quantifying Energy Savings, including cost estimates of facility improvement measures (FIMs). Developed detailed cost estimates, life cycle costing, quantify utility and operational budget reduction for cash flow analysis. Served as a technical expert of the Performance Contracting team.
- Assisted Performance Assurance Specialists in implementing baseline, benchmark and other performance requirements
- Performed detailed energy audits in more than 200 buildings totaling over 25 million sqft. $100 million worth of FIMs were be implemented.
- FIMs investigated and analyzed include boiler replacement, boiler tune-up, chiller replacement, DHW system improvements, RTUs replacements, electric to gas conversion, FMS strategies, lighting, variable frequency drives, and building envelope improvements.
CONFIDENTIAL EMPLOYER – April 2002 to Feb. 2005
Senior Energy Engineer – Performance Contracting Group
- Worked in performance contracting team providing comprehensive energy audits of buildings, evaluations of HVAC systems, systems design, estimating, project development and calculations for energy savings.
- HVAC design for retrofits, new construction and non-PC projects.
- Responsible for engineering and project costing on several jobs.
- Assist project mangers in developing costing.
A majority of the projects have been in the K through 12 schools, commercial buildings, health and public facilities and colleges. Other accomplishments are:
Responsible for over $15 million worth of energy projects
Retrofits include Lighting, FMS, Temperature controls upgrade, heat recovery, cogeneration, Demand control ventilation, central boiler and chiller plants.
CONFIDENTIAL EMPLOYER – June 2000 to Dec. 2001
Project Development Manager – Development Engineering Group
- Responsibilities included performing preliminary and comprehensive detailed energy audits for industrial and commercial facilities. Identified and developed energy operational saving projects. Performed comprehensive analysis to estimate energy savings, project costs, and life cycle costing of the identified energy saving projects. Manage consultants/sub-contractors effectively to develop energy saving projects.
- Analyze large facilities relative to quality and cost of facility operations and management. Design the proper maintenance and support staff for a customer’s facility, recommend operational efficiency improvements, and design preventive and predictive maintenance strategies based on customer needs. Support the account executives to develop proposals and model financial impact.
- Also, responsible for coaching energy engineers, software training and support, vendor development, and project planning.
- Performed detailed energy audits in more than 50 buildings totaling over 10 million square feet
- Assist account managers for project report preparation and support through customer presentation and technical resource.
- Work in a team environment with account managers, other engineers, project managers and internal and external customers.
- Projects investigated and analyzed include lighting, boilers, chillers, compressed air, packaged units, control systems and other process improvement systems.
CONFIDENTIAL EMPLOYER– Oct. 1994 to June 1997
Senior Energy Engineer – Technical Support Group
- Provided nation wide technical support for the Performance Contracting (PC) business. Responsibilities included on-going support of Energy Engineers, Performance Assurance Specialists, and PC sales; program support in software tool and process development; training; utility bill analysis; building/system energy use modeling using MarketManager simulation software tool; standardization of facility improvement measures (FIMs); identification and evaluation of new FIMs.
- Managed and performed more than 250 PC project technical reviews to assess the risk.
- Provided consulting on several PC projects. This includes energy use auditing assistance, utility rate and bill analysis, FIM selection, savings estimate of FIMs, and guarantee type selection.
- Designed and developed a guarantee control document for PC risk assessment.
CONFIDENTIAL EMPLOYER – Jan. 1990 to Sept. 1994
Energy Management Engineer – WEPCO DSM Program
- Worked on Wisconsin Electric Power Company’s (WEPCO) SMART MONEY program, a demand side management and energy conservation program for this major Midwest utility. Responsibilities included energy analysis and research of WEPCO customer facilities, providing technical assistance to applications for technical accuracy.
- Performed energy analysis on new construction projects as well as retrofit design in existing facilities in the areas of lighting, energy saving motors, HVAC systems, industrial plant air compressors, and other program related conservation opportunities.
- Provided technical assistance for industrial/commercial facilities in the area of energy management and analysis involving refrigeration systems, variable speed drives, thermal energy storage, and foundry electro-technologies.
- Identified various energy strategies in both existing and planned facilities through the use of energy audits and reviewed plans and specifications with plant managers and maintenance personnel.
- Routinely performed the following at various facilities:
- Commercial/industrial energy audits.
- Assisted field energy engineers and account executives with energy management technologies.
- Project management, estimating, specifications, and expediting.
- Conducted energy conservation feasibility studies for various kinds of industries.
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN – MILWAUKEE, Milwaukee, WI
Jan. 1988 to Dec. 1989
Teaching Assistant – Mechanical Engineering Department
Designed and taught courses in basic Engineering Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics courses for undergraduates.
Project Assistant – Continuing Education Center
Assisted the program director in conducting advanced technical seminars.
VIJAYNAGAR ENGINEERING COLLEGE, Bellary, India – Feb. 1986 to Feb. 1987
Taught basic mechanical engineering courses for undergraduates.
HINDUSTAN AERONAUTICS LIMITED, Bangalore, India – Feb. 1985 to Feb. 1986
Engineer Trainee – Satellite Division
Performed Heat Transfer analysis and reviewed engineering drawings for the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) project.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Received a JCI merit award for outstanding performance during FY06.
- Nominated for chairman’s award at Johnson Controls, Inc. during FY98
- Awarded teaching assistantship for two years
- Awarded tuition scholarship for Master degree in mechanical engineering
- Awarded project assistantship for two years
- M.S. – Mechanical Engineering • University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, 1990
- B.S. – Mechanical Engineering • University of Bangalore, Bangalore, India, 1984
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Certified Demand-side Management Professional (CDSM)
- LEED AP
- Fundamental Selling Skills
- Member – AEE and ASHRAE
- Served as a Treasurer for State Chapter of Association of Energy Engineers